The successful candidate will provide planning,
design and construction expertise for Process engineering. The candidate will
work on site at the clients facility participating on engineering projects
from original concept to field follow-up, this includes working with other
members of the on site Design/Engineering Team as well as other on site
discipline groups within the facility.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will apply
Process engineering capabilities to a variety of small Capital projects.
Provide support for conceptual design of projects
Lead projects from Identify through theAssess
project process phases. In addition, help develop margin improvement ideas and
project economic justifications.
on-going process engineering support and approvals through project completion
Accountabilities for Health Safety and Environmental:
Maintain close relationships with process and discipline
Provide technical assistance for permit applications
associated with projects
Accountabilities for Process Engineering:
Ensure all process designs are safe, technically sound
and meet Company standards.
Support completion of Project Initiation Forms
Develop Project Premise Document
Provide DOVAMO and other economic evaluations throughout
the project phases
Support the Basis for Design and detailed design for
projects as needed to ensure success of the project
Communicate project status with production teams
Support process engineering activities during
construction and startup as needed
Discipline Specialist to understand and account for process impacts on
- Working with other on site members of the Clients Process Group as
well as other discipline groups within the facility
- Involved in various aspects of project planning, design and
- Developing flow diagrams, heat and material balances, process design
and assessment of mechanical equipment, hydraulic modeling, and design of
over-pressure protection for new and existing equipment
- Engineering and process design for pressure vessels, tanks, pumps,
- Prepare manufacturing and purchasing specifications, including
drawings, manufacturing briefs and procedures.
- Preparing request for quote packages
- Providing engineering support during construction
- Provide technical direction to junior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other discipline groups and adhere
to all safety standards
- Must be able to go into field to assess project requirements, climb
stairs and ladders, etc.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork-oriented